She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Finally, a finished object!!!



About 2 years ago, I bought a bag of Rowan Kid Classic in a wonderful charcoal grey. I absolutely loved it - it was soft and rich and fuzzy. First, it was an Under the Hoodie from Stitch 'n Bitch. The hoodie turned out fine, but the drop shoulder made me look like a linebacker. Rip. Then it turned into a Minisweater, which I made with with two strands of the mohair blend held together. As you may have been able to guess, it was a complete travesty - the pattern is awesome, and I plan to knit it again, but the thing was soooooo warm, I felt like I was wearing an electric blanket around my shoulders at all times. Rip. I was so disappointed that I couldn't find a pattern to fit this wonderful (and expensive) yarn. It was just going to waste. Then I thought about it - I could let the yarn guide ME! So I just started knitting (with only one strand this time). I used the same neckline done from the top down as the Minisweater, but once I reached the point where I wanted the deep v to end, I joined and knit in the round down to the bottom. I threw a garter stitch border on the bottom and on the sleeves, a voila! A Sexy Tunic! It's light and airy (which means it's not too warm) and it fits me perfectly. The Rowan held up like a champ throughout the entire ordeal - I took some scissors to it to tidy it up a bit, but other than that it looks gorgeous! I'm so happy that I finally made something that I can wear and enjoy out of this wonderful yarn.

In other knitting news, I joined the Pomatomus knitalong yesterday. The pattern is from the Winter 05-06 Knitty, by the supercool Cookie. I'll be knitting mine in Fleece Artist Merino Sock in a pretty bright varigated blue. Pics as I get something done to show!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Thanks emmie! If I'm ever over in Van, maybe we can get together for some S'n'B action.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home