She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Finally, success!!!

Posted by Picasa

The third time was indeed the charm. This simple black cardigan was knit from the top down using less than 4 balls of the wonderful Nashua Creative Focus Worsted (75% wool, 25% alpaca) that I picked up at the Boxing Day sale at Romni Wool. I knit the body three times before it fit, but after I managed to conquer that, it was smooth sailing. This baby's features include: 1) a seed stitch collar, cuffs and bottom edging; 2) a tiny little bit of waist shaping; and 3) ten 3/4" buttons that have a little gray stripe running through them. I was going to add a seed stitch belt, but now I'm not sure I need it. Any opinions? I might have a better idea as to whether or not it's needed if I get the chance to take some action photos with some natural light in the next few days. I'm glad to finally have a plain black cardigan in my wardrobe in order to wear some of my brightly coloured tank tops during the winter. I just couldn't bring myself to buy one of those yucky cardigans from H&M or Old Navy so I did without this wardrobe staple for the longest time. Does anyone else out there do that? Refuse to buy something just because you could knit it, but more often than not, never get around to it? I'm glad I finally got around to this one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ooooh i can't wait for you to model it..it looks like a very comfy, everyday sweater.

7:48 PM  
Blogger dnl said...

I like it!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home