She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Finished Knit.1 Cropped Cardigan



Done! I reknit and reseamed the sleeves and they fit perfectly. The only thing I'm not happy with is the wonky bottom ribbing and cutout. It looks ok in person, but just does not photograph well. I think it might be possible to fix, but that would involve reknitting the button bands and that's just not happening because...well, because I just don't want to! I can live with a bit of wonky ribbing. It adds character, right? All in all, I'm satisfied. Too bad it's a million degress here - a test drive is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Pattern: Cropped Cardigan from Summer 2006 Knit.1
Yarn: 4 balls of Patons Classic Wool in Black (size small)
Modifications: The back, the fronts and the side panels went unmodified. I cast on only 56 stitches for the sleeves (6 less than called for) and did two fewer sleeve increases. I didn't do the extra three inches of ribbed cuff to turn over (because that much extra fabric near my elbows would drive me crazy) so my sleeves measured 13 inches to the beginning of the sleeve cap. For the button bands, I only bound off 24 stitches instead of 30 for the cutaway and decided to put on 5 buttons instead of 3 due to the extra length.

Two more pics just for fun:



5 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

sooooooooo cute!! I heart it!
way to go with the sleeves, the sweater fits you perfectly and the bright buttons are delish!

8:50 AM  
Blogger craftykt said...

I love it! I can't wait to finish mine!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Delia said...

Fabulous - I might try that with the sleeves.

5:56 PM  
Blogger mle said...

WOW! That looks so good on you!

9:45 AM  
Blogger She Who Knits said...

i love it! im about to knit one myself. i think im going to forgo the cutout, and lengthen the sleeves. yours looks awesome. love the contrast witht he black and hot blue buttons!!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home