She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Glampyre's (aqua)orangina!



I knit Glampyre's orangina last summer, but had never gotten around to sending it in to her for her reader gallery. So I finally got around to it, and it turns out it was just in time! The Sexy Knitters Club just started a knitalong for it and some people are having some trouble with the gauge. For my (aqua)orangina, I substituted Katia Mississippi 3 for the Rowan 4 ply called for in the pattern, but knit it in my regular size (36") with the needles called for (3.25 mm) and it turned out just the way I wanted it. Like Stefanie notes, it's probably better to swatch before you start to make sure your measurements are on track. You can't always count on the gauge faries to be hanging around like mine were!

[Note: I busted out this outfit today for the first time this spring, so today I'm wearing the EXACT SAME OUTFIT as in the photo. Weird.]

4 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth marley said...

I'm glad you're brave enough to knit orangina in such an awesome color. I've been scared to knit it in anything but black!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks! I stood at the yarn store with black yarn in my hands until one of my friends said go for the blue. I'm so glad I listened - I'm automatically in a good mood when I wear it. I think it shows off the lace pattern really well too.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It's beautiful! How many skeins of katia mississippi 3 did you use?

9:25 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks for the compliment! I remember that I bought 6 skeins (for some crazy reason) and I ended up returning 2. I think I had a significant part of one skein left too so that makes it...[does long division in head, carry the two]...less than 4 skeins total. It ended up being a super cheap knit, especially considering how much I'm going to end up wearing it.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home