She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Update, long overdue

It's been over a week since I've posted and tons of knitting action has happened! First, I'm almost finished knitting the body of my Deep V. When I get there, I promise some pictures of steeking, pre and post. Second, I finished a Dream Swatch! Take a look:

Up close


Around the neck


In repose


I love it no matter how I'm looking at it! I knit it with Fleece Artist 100% silk and used vintage Phildar metal needles. They were a bad combo (slippy as all get out), but the Phildar's were all I had in 3.75 mm so I chose to go all out on the yarn rather than splurge on another set of needles. It's packed away in a little envelope now to become the most overdue Mother's Day present evs!

Third, I got a box of goodies from Elann!


I've had a hot pink Ribby Cardi chilling out in the big Rubbermaid container filled with yarn in my spare room for a while. I hated it. It's a terrific pattern, but it's just a tad (or maybe a truckload) sporty for my taste. So over the weekend, I ripped it and then sat and stared at it to try and get some divine inspiration. Finally I figured out that it needed to become a yoked fair isle pullover with motifs of my own design. So I ordered up some more Peruvian Highland Wool and managed to throw a couple of books into my shopping cart in the process. Riiiight. The Vintage Knits book is missing the chart keys, so I'm a little disappointed, but the patterns are pretty enough to assuage whatever anger and resentment I have. I'm also stoked to dig into The Art of Fair Isle Knitting. It comes highly recommended and on a quick flip through, I can see why. This is definitely going to become my primary resource for fair isle from now on.

Phew! Update done! Time to get back to the knitting...

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

your dream swatch looks beautiful. i just started making one too, but i don't think it's going to look as nice as yours.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home