She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

RECIPE UPDATE - Freestyle Raspberry Ginger Cheesecake!



There is a birthday in the She's Crafty... household today, and raspberry cheesecake was requested. I decided to jazz it up a bit, and ended up with raspberry cheesecake filling on a ginger cookie base with fresh raspberries and grated candied ginger on top! I hope that the raspberry and ginger flavours go well together - I don't see how they couldn't. If it actually turns out to be good once we've eaten it, I'll post the recipe, since I totally made it up myself. Go me!

UPDATE: It was awesome and everyone loved it! So here's the recipe:

Blend 2 cups crushed gingersnaps (I banged up mine by hand with a big wooden spoon, but that was hard so use a food processor if you have one) and 1/2 cup melted butter, then press down into a 9 inch cheesecake pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Turn the oven down to 325 degrees.

Beat together 4 packages of cream cheese (I used the light kind, but you could go all out if you wanted to), 1 1/3 cups white sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until fluffy. Then beat in 4 eggs, one at a time. Now here comes the magic - fold in 1 package of thawed frozen raspberries crushed up, juices and all. I think the package I bought was 300g. Pour the batter on top of the crust you made earlier, and then bake the whole shebang at 325 degrees for about an hour and 20 minutes. I followed some fancy-shmancy advice from epicurious and wrapped the bottom of my pan in three layers of foil, then set it in a baking tray full of water and put the whole contraption in the oven. It would have been sooooo much easier had I had a roaster or something with actual sides to put it in instead of having the baking tray full of scalding water sloshing around on me, but I think it was the water that kept the cake nice and moist so it was worth it.

Grate some candied ginger to sprinkle on the top, and then dot with fresh raspberries! Done!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, love the vest, you look great in it.. I love to craft, but am lacking talent with the ideas... in come people like you... thanks for the great ideas.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home