She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Cleaning house

Yahaira's post today (click on over there - she's got pretty spinning!) reminded me of the Diamond Fantasy Scarf that I thought was sitting around in my big box of knitting. I had abandoned it almost a year ago because I made one mistake and didn't feel like unknitting to fix it at the time. So I put it away. And promptly got distracted by the ten other projects I had on the go at the time. When I saw Yahaira's, I decided to go fish mine out. What did I discover?



A completely frogged Diamond Fantasy Scarf!!! It seems that it a fit of housecleaning a while ago, I frogged it because I was convinced that it was too difficult for me to master. Looking at the pattern with new eyes, it's pretty clear that I can handle it - I just need to be patient.

But now instead of second-guessing my ability, I'm second guessing my yarn choice. I normally stay away from warm colours and gravitate towards cools. I had picked this yarn with the intent to get out of my comfort zone (the yarn is MUCH warmer that it appears from the photo), but now I'm wondering whether or not it's worth it. Trying to get out of my comfort zone is one thing, but when my comfort zone is so wide (it's not like I knit EVERYTHING in black or something) I wonder whether it's worth it. Anyone think I should go for it anyway and then gift it if I don't want it for myself? If the answer to that question is no, anyone want a big-ass ball of Fleece Artist Merino?*

Stay tuned for more big box of knitting archeology tomorrow!

*There's a centre-pull ball under there somewhere. It's not really the tangled mess it appears.

1 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

if you aren't happy with the yarn color you arent going to be happy with the shawl. I say knit it with something else!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home