She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Finished cropped....vest?



So if I've been knitting along on a cute cropped vest all this time, then I'm done! If what I've really been doing is trying to make this f&$%&# sweater fit, then I'm not quite there. I had one sleeve seamed in, but it just looked so bulky and uncute that I had to take it out. I couldn't face ripping the sleeves before I put everything else together to make sure it was all under control so I sat down, finished seaming, knit the neckband and buttonbands and sewed in all the buttons while watching some World Cup this morning. It seems to be fitting perfectly (apart from the wonky bottom ribbing/cutaway, which I *hope* will be fixed with a bit of blocking) so I'm going to go ahead and rip those sleeves. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

it's looking cute! hope the sleeves work out soon. this cardi is in my to knit list so I cant wait to see your finished one....now have you ordered from knit picks to finish your vest?

7:33 PM  
Blogger Delia said...

I am knitting that same sweater and noticed 1/2 way into the first sleeve that it was going to be too bulky. I'm going to try knitting them top-down by picking up stitches around the arm whole hole and doing some creative short-rows.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home