She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

NO. MORE. YARN.



See what I'm holding in my hand? Yup, that's the last of the Merino Style in Storm. Do you know how much more Merino Style in Storm I need to finish the neckline on my Deep V Argyle Vest? Yup, about four times that. I'm so upset about not being able to finish that I forgot to do my hair and put on a little lipgloss today...

Seriously though, I think my best option is to order more yarn. I have a whole 'nother ball of the Merino Style in Asparagus left, so I could do some sort of preppy striped neckline. However, if I'm going to do that, then I think need to redo the bottom ribbing to match and I just don't have the patience for that. Plus, I don't think that will actually look any good - Eunny's solid neckband is totally the way to go. Despite the fact that I ran out of yarn, I think this is just about the coolest thing that I've ever made. I can't wait to get it finished! So I think I'm just going to suck it up and do another Knitpicks order right away. If only I had figured this out before my big box of fair isle joy shipped...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Thank you Gina! I love the Merino Style - a lot of people had some trouble getting gauge for this project but I went up a needle size and it worked perfectly. I would definitely use it again.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Sue, if you haven't ordered it already I probably have a half skein or so of Merino Style in Storm languishing in stash. Let me know if you'd like it.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home