She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lies

I said on Sunday that I would post more about my trip to Beehive tomorrow, which of course meant yesterday, which I did not do. I apologize. I'm one day late, but the loot was so good, it's worth the wait. So wanna see what I got? Look!




Tahki Donegal Tweed (in a lovely Dark Grey with wonderful rich flecks - the picture does not do it justice) to make Demi (from Vintage Knits of course) and some Misti Alpaca that is going to become Aimee!!! I'm going to modify Aimee a bit (longer body with shorter sleeves), but my plan for Demi is to knit it pretty much as is.

Entirely successful trip. I would have loved to buy more with my big 20% discount, but I just couldn't justify buying more yarn that I would just have to pack up in three weeks. Yes, that's right, only three weeks and three days until I finish school and move to Toronto! Hard to believe that I'm almost done - a little scary actually. To calm my nerves, I started some more socks. I decided to go with a summery (well, as summery as wool socks can be) pattern and a summery colour - Hedera in some lovely light aqua Fleece Artist Merino Sock (what a surprise...)



I'm going to save Baudelaire for some other time. I've also picked up Adorn and KnitScene in the past few days.




Both are filled with great projects, but nothing that jumps out at me as a must-make in the near future. It's probably better that way, since I already have too much to pack. Speaking of, off to get started! Piles of books and cds await sorting and selling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home