She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Too hot to knit



Anything but socks, that is. Southern BC has been experiencing a bit of a heat wave these past few days - it's nothing compared to the temperatures in other parts of the country, but for us, 30 degrees is HOT. The tank of my own design has been abandoned because it's too squeaky and sweaty in this weather and because I found something else to wear to the occasion that I was making it for. I haven't swatched for Alouette again. All I have is yarn for wool sweaters, and wool hats, and wool mittens, and wool gloves that I just can't bear to touch. It seems that I've hit the dreaded summer slump.

Other knit-bloggers out there haven't though - check out Eunny's Almost Argyle socks! I love the subtlety of these - they remind me of the Retro Rib socks I've knit a few times from a long-ago Interweave. I made mine before I started to blog, but check out these ones: Strikker, Jacqknits, and All Tangled Up. All so pretty!

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth marley said...

ooh are those Hedera socks? I just finished a pair!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home