She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Lazy Sunday afternoon

Posted by Picasa

My Sunday was spent brunching, walking and knitting and that's just the way I like it. The walk was to the Toronto Public Library to pick up Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmermann. I didn't know much about Zimmermann until learning of her from Jess of Fig & Plum. Jess has since started up Zimmermania, and since I'm thinking about knitting some mittens from the book (and then probably buying a copy of the book to keep), I might have to join in the fun. I then played with my Knitpicks Palette for a while to try to find some mitten appropriate colours, as well as to try to figure out if I can knit the Enid Cardigan using it as well. I'm not so sure that I'm going to be able to knit the cardi using yarn from my stash, and I'm wavering on the pattern itself anyway since I would be faced with more endless rounds of stockinette before the fun colourwork on the yoke. Speaking of endless rounds of stockinette, I'm almost finished the body of my top-down cardigan knit from my Boxing Day sale score. I also managed to cast on for a pair of socks that will also be, you guessed it, stockinette. As for Demi, I didn't actually knit anything yesterday, I just took a progress photo of the sleeve. I'm finding this pattern pretty slow going, and it's unlikely that I'll be finished in time to wear it this season. I'm a little sad to think that I might have to wait a year to wear it, but it's all about the process anyway, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilith Parker said...

I just returned that book to the library here the day before yesterday. I tried the sideways mittens, but after three attempts I gave up... I guess I was having concentration issues. Which mittens are you going to do?

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home