She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Holiday recap

I"m just going to go ahead and post a numbered list of all the things that have happened in the last three weeks in the interest of detailed record-keeping. Here goes:

1) I made this awesome pair of mittens for a good friend and I was so excited to give them to her, I forgot to take a photo. One of these days, I will reclaim them (if only for a moment) and snap a pic. I'm quite proud of them - they're a traditional cross motif done in white and gray and she loves them!

2) I received a TONNE of knit related Christmas presents from a very special awesome person. My very first pair of Addi Turbos and a ball winder/swift combo that were apparently very difficult to track down. I'm so lucky! ACTION FOOTAGE:

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

[Note my extreme joy on my face resulting from the fact that the entire process takes about 5 minutes to complete, rather than the 20-30 it takes to wind a ball by hand. THIS IS A LIFE CHANGING PIECE OF MACHINERY.]

3) Romni had 25% off everything in the store on the 27th of December. I only spent $75. Really. I picked up 6 balls of Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Worsted (which is quickly turning into an everyday black cardigan) and Lopi 26. This particular Lopi booklet has a pattern for a horse blanket in it - totally insane.

4) I've started a sleeve for Demi (using the Tahki Donegal Tweed I was winding above). Twisted stitches are going to haunt my dreams after this one. I might take some photos tomorrow if I can bring myself to haul it out. Here's the photo from the book for now:

Posted by Picasa

That's all the knit-related news. Time for some Kenny vs. Spenny (and some knitting, of course!)

2 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Awesome!! the swift/ball winder combo is worth its weight in gold, isn't it?!!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my swift/ball winder. I had just the winder for a while and then my mom bought me a swift last year for my birthday. It was such an awesome gift. LOVE IT!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home