She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Pre-Christmas retail therapy

Posted by Picasa

I went on a trip up to the brand spanking new knit cafe up on St. Clair called Alterknit. IT IS FABULOUS!!! The space is welcoming, the food is delicious (they make waffles on weekends! WAFFLES ON WEEKENDS! PLUS THERE'S YARN THERE! My poor brain can't even begin to process that), and the yarn is beautiful. I chatted with one of the co-owners and she was beyond super. It's a bit of a bus ride away for me, but it's definitely not too long a trek for stitch and bitch on Thursday nights when I have the evening free.

Anyway, I've been so good with holding off on new yarn purchases this fall that I decided to give myself a little gift. I bought a hank of Malabrigo to make myself a hat, a skein of Online Supersocke 100 in greens and browns, some circulars for hat and neckwarmer knitting, and the Spring 2007 Knitscene. The Knitscene was a bit of a spontaneous purchase and after flipping through it (and thoroughly enjoying the interview with Eunny Jang), I realize that there's nothing in it that I want to knit. So let's have a swap! I'm willing to trade this magazine for anything that anyone who reads this blog might offer up. I love all things knit-related, but particularly tiny DPNs (anyone got a set of 2 mms that they'd like to trade?), sock yarn, and fair isle patterns. Anyone interested?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home