She's Crafty...

and she's just my type!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Finished skull hat and mittens!!!

Posted by Picasa

In the midst of all the Christmas knitting, I managed to get some birthday knitting done! My little sister is turning 24 this weekend, so I whipped her up a hat and some mittens to keep her head and hands warm in cold, cold Fort McMurray. There was no magic to any of it - I seriously started knitting and a hat and a pair of mittens came out at the other end. I used some Peruvian Highland Wool from elann.com along with some Patons Classic Wool leftover from my Cropped Cardi and adapted the skull chart from Adrian's Pirate Mittens over at Hello Yarn. I seem to be on a bit of a Hello Yarn kick these days, eh? I also knit a Cherry Garcia Neck Tube in Misti Alpaca Chunky for someone else, but no photos of that one because it's black and so does not photograph well. I also forgot to take photos of it before it was mailed away. Ditto with a pair of men's gloves knit with some Trekking XXL (shades of gray). Oops. Now I only have one more pair of mittens left to go before I can start the selfish knitting again. I'm going to get into some serious cabling and colourwork in the new year. YeeHa!

1 Comments:

Blogger crissy said...

i love the hat pattern where did you get that may i ask? you really really did a good job on it thanks for sharing :)
from crissy (knitmewarm) in alaska

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home